Are you interested in adding some more lean muscle mass to your body?
I mean, who isn’t? Nearly everyone is interested in packing on some extra quality size.
Most people have good intentions when it comes to building their body, but unfortunately they just don’t have the right tools to get where they wanna go. In this article I wanna share with you the tools that have helped sky rocket my growth over the past year.
I began my journey to building my dream body nearly ten years ago. Over the past decade i’ve made a lot of mistakes when it comes to training, nutrition & recovery. I don’t regret any of the mistakes though.
All of the mistakes that I made lead me to where I am today. It lead me to new mentors. New information. New ways of doing things.
The mistakes in my past allow me to relate to so many people out there making the same mistakes that I made. I know what you’re going through & I want to help you.
For years I felt like I was spinning my wheels. I wasn’t growing like I thought I should have been. I felt like absolute shit all the time. No energy. Sex drive sucked. Foggy brain. I was just plateauing.
In late 2017 everything changed though. I sought out new mentorship & new information in general when it came to nutrition, weight lifting, recovery & everything in between. This opened new doors that I didn’t know existed with regards to my bodies true potential.
Over the past 14 months i’ve put on TWENTY pounds of lean muscle mass. It still shocks me when I say that. I honestly didn’t even think it was possible. To put it in perspective, I probably put on twenty pounds of muscle mass in total over a five year span prior to making the changes i’m going to discuss below.
** Disclaimer **
This is NOT medical advice. If you have questions or concerns about your health, please consult your physician
5 Tips to Building MORE Muscle
1. EAT more
- I see this all the time throughout social media. All of these people who should be focusing on growing are more focused on trying to be shredded all the time. This was me for years!! Constantly shredding down. Trying to get my abs to peel up. Neglecting the growing process
- Over the past 14 months I focused solely on growing. I wasn’t worried about my abs at all. Over the first seven to eight months I completely lost my abs. I was a little fluffy in the midsection. At about the eight month mark of my “bulk” my abs started to reappear again though. They’re coming out in full force today. My weight haS stayed relatively the same over the past 14 months, but because I have added so much lean muscle to my frame, my body composition has improved drastically.
- I want you to focus on eating as much quality food as possible. Filling your diet with lots of quality protein, carbs, veggies & fats. Drinking plenty of water. I’ll get more into what “quality” foods look like in another article
2. Sleep more
- In today’s social media world lack of sleep has somehow become the cool thing to do. I must not be very cool then because i’m sleeping eight to nine hours a night.
- IF you wanna grow you’ve gotta sleep !! Do your best to get at least eight hours of sleep per night. You’ll notice a massive difference not only in your growth, but you’ll likely feel a lot better in every day life as well
3. Optimize your Training
- I could spend hours talking about how to optimize your training. But for the sake of this article i’ll provide three quick tips to optimizing it below.
- Follow a Program
- I used to always be guilty of this one .. Going into the gym w/ a vague plan of attack, but no structured plan. I highly recommend you follow a plan. A quality plan will exponentially improve your results
- Lift Heavy Weight
- Especially on your main component lifts. Such as the squat, deadlift, overhead press & bench press. If you wanna grow you can’t spend all of your time lifting light weight on accessory movements such as dumbbell presses, dumbbell curls etc etc. These lifts play a key role in a quality plan, but without the heavy main lifts you’re gonna struggle to put on size
- Actively Work to Improve your Form
- If you wanna lift heavy weight on your main lifts you’re gonna really need to work to improve your form. Study high level lifters on youtube. Learn leverages. Then start taking videos of your lifts. Constantly working to improve your form. The better your form is, the more efficiently you’re going to be able to lift heavy weight. Which will lead to more growth
- Follow a Program
4. Optimize your Hormones
- This often happens as a result of the three tips above. When you’re eating lots of quality food, allowing your body to grow instead of constantly dieting down, sleeping good & following a quality training plan your hormones will in all likelihood be optimized. Optimizing your hormones is an absolute necessity to growing & living a healthy life
- On the flipside, if your hormones are all out of whack like most peoples are, you’re gonna feel like shit. A few surefire signs that your hormones are out of whack is low sex drive, lack of energy & overall feeling of lethargy.
5. Be Consistent
- Being consistent is something most people have a really hard time with. They’re constantly jumping from one diet to the next. If they’re following a training program they’re hopping from one program to the next. Going from very short periods of bulking right back into a cutting phase to bring those abs back out. This was me for years.
- Follow one plan consistently, along with everything else we discussed above, and I guarantee you’ll grow more than you ever have before.
This list could go on & on. There are so many layers to building a great physique. I’m telling you though. If you just follow the five tips we discussed in this article you’re going to blown away with the results that you achieve. Just like I have been over the past fourteen months.
If you’re interested in a personalized nutrition & training plan, along with overall structure & guidance I offer 1 on 1 coaching. I’ve worked with hundreds of people across the entire world. If you’re interested in more info here’s a link to my coaching page.
I hope this advice helps you on your journey to building your dream physique. Remember, it takes time !! Lots of time. Optimizing the way you do things can really speed up the process though.
If you have any questions at all feel free to email me ([email protected]) or shoot me a DM on Instagram (@Jay_Azeltine).
Until next time,